Each year, millions of people are injured or killed in car accidents. There are many misconceptions and interesting facts concerning car accidents, including:
- 40% of car accidents that involve fatalities involve driving under the influence of alcohol. If the accident occurs between midnight and 3am, the percentage increases to almost 75%.
- Statistics indicate that male drivers cause two times the number of car accidents as their counter-part female drivers.
- The highest rate of car accidents that involve one or more fatalities involve a rollover of the vehicle.
- Teenagers and young adults aged 16-20 are more likely to be injured or killed in a car crash than any other age group.
- In the United States, approximately fourteen teens die each day in car accidents. That totals nearly 5,000 teenagers a year.
- Car accidents cause more deaths and personal injuries than any other accident in the world.
- Talking on a cellphone increases your risk of getting into an auto crash by 400%.
- School buses hit and kill an average of 15 school-aged pedestrians each year.
- Most accidents happen within three miles of your home. It is a common misconception that car accidents happen on long trips.
Austin Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffers a personal injury or a wrongful death due to a car accident in Austin, you need to contact the personal injury lawyers at Shaw Cowart. We have the expertise and determination to get you the financial compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.