Injuries caused by the negligence of another party often lead to significant financial setbacks. When this is coupled with the recovery process, it becomes apparent why injury victims need compensation for their losses. At Shaw Cowart LLP, our personal injury lawyers in Austin are here to help if you need a Leander attorney by your side. We understand how challenging these cases can be, particularly when going up against insurance carriers and at-fault parties. We want to step in and handle your entire claim so you can focus on recovering.
Turn to Shaw Cowart LLP for a Leander Personal Injury Claim
Even though you may have many options when it comes to injury lawyers in the Leander area, we believe that our team is going to serve you better than the rest. We understand how these cases work.
- The Austin accident attorneys at Shaw Cowart LLP aim to maximize compensation for every injury claim that we handle in Leander. This means we have no problem taking your case all the way to trial.
- Our team proudly handles injury claims on a contingency fee basis, which means you will never worry about legal fees until after we successfully recover compensation on your behalf. If we do not win, you do not pay.
- We firmly believe in using the most advanced techniques to investigate and present claims to the insurance carriers and personal injury jury.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Leander
At Shaw Cowart LLP, our personal injury lawyers in Leander handle a wide range of types of claims on behalf of our clients. We have extensive experience handling every type of vehicle accident claim, including the following:
- Traditional car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
Our team also handles many other types of injury claims that affect residents in and around the Leander area, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Other premises liability incidents
- Workplace accidents
- Defective product claims
- Industrial accidents
- Wrongful death
If you are unsure about whether or not you have a valid injury claim to bring against another party, we encourage you to reach out to a member of our team as soon as possible. We offer free consultations, so there is no risk to you as we help you determine the next steps moving forward.
What Type of Compensation is Available for a Leander Injury Case?
Leander injury victims may be able to recover a wide range of types of compensation for their losses. We work diligently to recover both “special” and “general” damages for every client we assist:
- Special damages. You may see these referred to as economic damages, and this has to do with the calculable losses individuals experience after the incident occurs. By using receipts, invoices, estimates, and bills, we work to adequately calculate the following:
- Hospital bills
- Follow-up doctor visits
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medication and medical device costs
- Home or vehicle modification costs
- Lost income for those who cannot work
- Various out-of-pocket expenses
- General damages. These damages are also referred to as non-economic damages, and they are more difficult to measure than economic expenses. However, even though there may not be any direct bills or receipts related to these types of damages, we work diligently to recover the following compensation for clients:
- Coverage for their physical pain and suffering losses
- Mental and emotional pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life caused by a disability or scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium for a spouse or family members
There is no exact amount of compensation paid for each claim. There are several factors that will alter your claim amount, and we encourage you to speak to your attorney about what to expect regarding your particular situation.
How an Attorney Will Help a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Leander
A personal injury lawyer in Leander will be your advocate throughout this process. They will play a multifaceted role when it comes to helping you recover compensation. Almost immediately after we begin work on the case, we conduct a thorough investigation into the incident. This means going to the scene of the incident to gather evidence, examining any existing evidence, speaking to eyewitnesses, reviewing police reports, and more.
While an investigation is ongoing, our team will make sure that you are evaluated by trusted medical and economic professionals. These individuals will not only help with your well-being but also help us adequately calculate your total losses so we can negotiate with the insurance carriers and any at-fault party involved in the case.
Finally, in the event we are unable to negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf, we have no problem filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party and taking your case all the way to trial.
Time Frame for Filing a Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury claims in Leander must be filed within a specific amount of time. First, every insurance carrier involved will have its own reporting deadline, often within a day or two after the incident occurs. We strongly encourage individuals to file an insurance claim as soon as possible to avoid any delay in their case.
The time frame for filing a personal injury lawsuit against an at-fault party in Texas is two years, per the state personal injury statute of limitations. Failing to file a lawsuit within this time frame will likely result in the injury victim becoming unable to recover any compensation for their losses.
Contact a Leander Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately
If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligent actions of another individual in the Leander area, turn to the team at Shaw Cowart LLP as soon as possible. We have a significant track record of success, and our team knows what it takes to stand up to insurance carriers and at-fault parties to recover the compensation our clients need. When you need a Leander personal injury attorney, you can fill out our contact form or call (512) 499-8900 to schedule a free consultation regarding your claim.