Accidents involving commercial trucks in the Leander area often result in significant injuries for those involved. At Shaw Cowart LLP, our team is standing by to help if you need a Leander truck accident attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to fully investigate every aspect of your claim, and our goal is to make sure that you recover any compensation you need to get through this. Let us stand up to the aggressive insurance carriers and trucking companies on your behalf.
Choose Shaw Cowart LLP for a Truck Accident Case
- At Shaw Cowart LLP, we understand the complex nature of truck accident claims, and we have the resources to fully investigate every aspect of the incident on your behalf.
- Our team has no problem standing up to aggressive insurance carriers or truck company legal teams, and we will take your case to trial if necessary to ensure you are treated fairly.
- We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you are not on the line for paying any legal fees until after we successfully recover the compensation you need.
How Much Compensation is Available for a Truck Crash Claim?
Truck accident victims in Leander are not guaranteed a specific amount of compensation. Rather, there are many factors that go into a final settlement or jury verdict. Some of these factors include:
- The severity of the injuries
- The recovery time frame
- Total amount of lost wages
- Whether or not there is any disability, scarring, or disfigurement
- The total level of shared fault
- The level of property damage involved
At Shaw Cowart LLP, we work diligently to recover total compensation for our clients. This typically includes settlements that involve payment for the following:
- All medical bills related to the truck accident
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Property damage expenses
- Lost income
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
Time Limit for Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Leander
There are various time frames individuals need to be aware of when it comes to filing truck accident claims in Leander. First, there will be insurance carriers involved in these cases, and insurance carriers have specific reporting deadlines. Often, this means a claim must be reported within a day or two after the incident occurs.
Filing a civil personal injury lawsuit is not the same thing as a claim with an insurance carrier, and the Texas personal injury statute of limitations applies. This means that truck accident victims have a two-year window within which they can file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party in order to recover compensation for their losses. Failing to file a lawsuit within this timeframe will likely result in a dismissal of the case.
Call a Truck Accident Lawyer in Leander Now
If you or somebody you care about has sustained an injury or property damage caused by the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, turn to the team at Shaw Cowart LLP as soon as possible. We know what it takes to stand up to these insurance carriers and well-funded trucking companies. Our Leander truck accident lawyers will step in and make sure that you are properly cared for. You can fill out our contact form or call (512) 499-8900 to schedule a free consultation regarding your claim.