Vehicle accidents often lead to significant setbacks for those involved. This includes both physical and financial setbacks. At Shaw Cowart LLP, our team is here to help if you need a Leander car accident attorney by your side. We have no problem going head to head against aggressive insurance carriers, and we will certainly file a civil personal injury lawsuit on your behalf to recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Turn to Shaw Cowart LLP for a Leander Car Accident Claim?
- At Shaw Cowart LLP, our injury attorneys in Austin have a thorough understanding of what it takes to fully investigate complex car accidents that occur in the Leander area.
- Our team handles all upfront and out-of-pocket costs related to vehicle accident claims, and we only collect legal fees after we successfully recover compensation for your losses.
- You can trust that your case will be handled by an attorney, and you will always be able to ask questions or raise concerns about your case as it moves forward.
How Much Compensation is Available After a Leander Car Accident?
There is no set amount of compensation paid to car accident victims in Leander, but there are various factors that can affect how much a person receives. Some of these factors include the severity of the injuries and how long it takes a person to recover. Other factors that affect compensation amounts include shared fault, the level of property damage, and how much pain and suffering the victim endures as a result of the incident and the injuries.
If another individual or entity caused the incident, clients are typically able to recover the following types of compensation:
- Coverage of any medical bills related to the incident
- Property damage expenses
- Lost wages for those who are unable to work
- Out-of-pocket expenses caused by the incident
Our team also recognizes that clients should be able to recover losses for the more unseen injuries they endure, including loss of enjoyment of life and physical and emotional pain and suffering damages. These types of losses are equally as important as the calculable expenses mentioned above.
How Will an Attorney Prove Negligence?
Determining negligence after a car accident in Leander can be challenging, and this often involves conducting an extensive investigation into the incident. An attorney will work to gather:
- Photographs taken at the scene of the incident
- Video surveillance from nearby cameras or dash cameras
- Police and incident reports
- Statements from other drivers, passengers, and eyewitnesses
- Any vehicle black box data or mobile device data
In addition to gathering this evidence, it may be necessary to work with a skilled accident reconstruction expert, particularly if there is shared liability or any question about which party caused the incident. An accident reconstruction expert can use the evidence available to them, along with sophisticated computer and 3D renderings, to help show a jury or insurance carriers what likely occurred.
Call a Leander Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has sustained injuries or property damage caused by the negligence of another driver in the Leander area, reach out to Shaw Cowart LLP for help immediately. Our car accident attorneys in Austin have a history of recovering significant settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of car accident victims, and we want to make sure that we assist you through this process. When you need a Leander car accident attorney, you can fill out our contact form or call (512) 499-8900 to schedule a free consultation regarding your claim.