Losing a loved one due to the negligent actions of another individual or entity is something no one should ever have to experience. When these incidents occur, it is imperative for family members and estates to recover the compensation and closure they are entitled to. At Shaw Cowart LLP, we are here to help if you need a Round Rock wrongful death attorney on your side. Our team will not hesitate to stand up and fight on behalf of your family.
Why Choose Shaw Cowart LLP for a Wrongful Death Case?
- At Shaw Cowart LLP, our attorneys understand how challenging this time is for you and your family. That is why an attorney will sit down with you and answer all of your questions as we work through your case.
- We handle wrongful death cases in Round Rock on a contingency fee basis. This means families will pay us no legal fees until after we successfully recover the compensation they need to get through this.
- You can trust that your case will be handled by an attorney every step of the way. We would never hand you off to a paralegal or legal assistant.
Compensation Available for Wrongful Death Claims in Round Rock
Families who have lost a loved one unexpectedly due to the negligence of others deserve compensation. Our compassionate team works with trusted economic and financial experts to help adequately calculate total losses so we can recover compensation for families. A successful wrongful death claim may be able to recover the following for family members and the estate of the deceased:
- Lost earning capacity of the deceased (earnings they would have contributed had they lived a full life expectancy)
- Compensation for lost care, services, support, council, and maintenance the deceased would have provided the family members had they survived
- The loss of love, comfort, companionship, and society the deceased is no longer able to provide
- Compensation for mental pain and anguish experienced by surviving family members
- The loss of inheritance the deceased would have likely saved and left to family members had they lived
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in Texas
In Texas, the law states that the surviving spouse, children, or parents (or one or more of those individuals on behalf of the rest) are allowed to file wrongful death lawsuits in state civil court (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 71.004 (2021).
In the event a surviving spouse, child, or parent does not file a wrongful death claim within three months after the individual loses their life, then the personal representative or executor of the deceased’s estate is allowed to file the claim. This is unless surviving family members have specifically requested that a claim not be filed.
Call a Round Rock Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of another individual or entity in the Round Rock area, turn to the team at Shaw Cowart LLP as soon as possible. We know what it takes to fully investigate these incidents, and our goal is to make sure that you and your family are treated fairly every step of the way. Even though no amount of money can replace your loss, it can help you move forward. If you need a Round Rock wrongful death attorney, you can fill out our contact form or call (512) 499-8900 to schedule a free consultation regarding your claim.