A catastrophic injury is any injury that has life-altering consequences. They often lead to ongoing medical treatment, long-term physical care, or permanent disability. With the help of our experienced personal injury lawyers at Shaw Cowart LLP, you can pursue compensation for the immediate and future consequences of catastrophic injuries.
In personal injury claims, catastrophic injuries include:
- Severe Physical Injuries: This is any injury that changes your physical appearance and/or ability, including amputations, severe fractures, burns, organ failure, heart attacks, eye injuries, and orthopedic issues.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These injuries often cause permanent mobility issues for survivors, requiring slower movement or mobility assistance devices like wheelchairs, scooters, or canes. Spinal injuries come in the form of nerve damage, herniated disks, or fractured vertebrae.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): Cognitive issues are some of the most devastating types of catastrophic injuries. Severe brain damage can take away your ability to speak or form memories. A TBI can be caused by several things, including blunt force trauma, high-impact sports, falls, concussive blasts, and more.
Each of these catastrophic injuries, regardless of their severity, can have a lasting impact on the victims and their families. Since the victims require consistent care, family members may have to quit their jobs or hire a caretaker, which can cost thousands of dollars.
At Shaw Cowart LLP, our personal injury attorneys help victims seek compensation for a variety of expenses associated with their catastrophic injuries, including:
- Lost wages and lower earning capacity
- Current and future medical costs
- Lower quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Daily care
We know the strategies that insurance companies use to reduce the overall value of a claim. Using all the details of your case, we can help you hold the party responsible for your injuries accountable.
Shaw Cowart LLP Will Fight for You
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury, call Shaw Cowart LLP today at 512-499-8900 for a complimentary consultation. Our attorneys are committed to helping you pursue the resources you need. We are proud to serve clients from our office in Austin, TX.