Roundup is one of the most commonly used herbicides in the country. While this chemical is highly effective at killing weeds, it has also been linked to a variety of illnesses, including non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. If you have developed this cancer after regularly using Roundup, you may be entitled to file a lawsuit to recover compensation for your medical treatment and other damages associated with your illness.
The attorneys at Shaw Cowart LLP are currently accepting cases on behalf of individuals who have developed a serious illness after using Roundup. We are seasoned litigators with extensive experience handling defective product cases. We’ll fight aggressively to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
You can learn about your legal rights and options by speaking with our attorneys in person. Please call 512-499-8900 today to schedule your complimentary consultation. We serve clients in the Austin, Texas area.
What Is Roundup and Why Is It Dangerous?
Roundup is the flagship product manufactured by Monsanto, and it is commonly sprayed on crops and gardens to kill weeds. Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup and other commercial weed killers, has been linked to an increased risk of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a form of cancer that affects your lymphatic system.
There have been numerous studies linking glyphosate to the development of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma:
- In 2001, a Canadian study determined that your risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma increased with your exposure to glyphosate
- In 2008, a Swedish study revealed that glyphosate exposure doubles your risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma within 10 years
- In 2015, the International Agency for Research on Cancer, a subdivision of the World Health Organization, identified a glyphosate as a carcinogen that may cause non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- In 2017, the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment added glyphosate to their list of known cancer-causing chemicals
In spite of the growing evidence that this product may result in the development of cancer, Monsanto continues to insist that it is safe.
Who Is at Risk of Developing Cancer from Roundup?
Anyone who comes into regular contact with Roundup or another herbicide containing glyphosate faces an increased risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Groups most commonly affected include:
- Garden center employees
- Agricultural workers
- Individuals who work in nurseries
Roundup Cancer Lawsuits
If you developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma after using Roundup, you may be able to file a lawsuit against Monsanto to recover compensation for your damages. There are currently hundreds of Roundup lawsuits that have been filed. These cases allege that Monsanto knew glyphosate posed health risks, yet they failed to warn the public of these dangers.
Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses associated with your cancer treatment
- Lost wages for time missed from work
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses, in the event of a wrongful death of a loved one
Shaw Cowart LLP Can Help
The lawyers at Shaw Cowart LLP are passionate about pursuing justice for injury victims. We’ll fight aggressively to hold Monsanto accountable for the damages you’ve suffered after using Roundup.
When you work with Shaw Cowart, you’ll experience the following benefits:
- Attorneys who possess a thorough understanding of the complex legal and medical issues associated with your case
- Seasoned litigators with a strong track record of success
- A commitment to providing you with the highly personalized attention your case deserves
- The vast resources necessary to pursue a claim against a large corporation such as Monsanto