Effective Representation For Lawsuits And Disputes
Legal conflicts can be a costly and distracting drain on a company, perhaps threatening the business itself or the individuals in charge. The business litigation attorneys of Shaw Cowart LLP provide powerful defense counsel and consulting to neutralize or pre-empt such threats.
Our Austin civil litigation firm serves a cross-section of businesses in Texas and nationwide, from local entrepreneurs to Fortune 100 corporations. We deliver comprehensive legal services to respond to internal and external conflicts that arise in the scope of businesses. We seek efficient and cost-effective resolutions where feasible, but we regularly go to court in pursuit of justice.
Arrange a consultation with our proven defense lawyers to discuss the strategies and resources we can bring to your case.
Risk Management · Settlements · Trial Advocacy · Civil Appeals
Our skilled and tenacious litigators take the time to understand the nature of the dispute and what is at stake. We then pursue the most prudent course of action, drawing on our in-house acumen as well as a network of expert witnesses in many industries and legal disciplines.
We are known for defense work in many areas of business and commercial litigation, including:
- Antitrust defense — Responding to lawsuits and government investigations alleging collusion, predatory practices and other unfair competition
- Business defense — Defending companies, executives and officers against claims such as fraud, embezzlement, tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duty
- Employment litigation — Litigating claims such as discrimination, harassment and unpaid overtime, and advising employers on policies and practices to avoid lawsuits
- Commercial litigation — Addressing owner/partner disputes, breach of contract, trade investor and shareholder claims, and trade secrets and restrictive covenants
- Insurance disputes — Resolving conflicts with insurers over failure to pay covered losses or failure to settle or defend lawsuits
- Products liability defense — Defending or negotiating on behalf of product manufacturers sued for injury or death
- Premises liability defense — Representing commercial property owners sued for slip-and-falls, assaults and other injuries
- Wrongful death defense — Trial advocacy or mitigation on behalf of companies sued over fatalities
- Patent defense — Helping companies protect their intellectual property and pursue damages for patent infringement or violation of licensing agreements
We Understand The Stakes
Our corporate defense and business law practice spans the spectrum: internal investigations, government investigations and criminal charges, risk management consulting, injunctive relief, trials and appeals. Our trial lawyers have secured numerous take-nothing verdicts in high-stakes lawsuits and otherwise favorably resolved lawsuits and disputes that threatened the bottom line or the continued viability of the company. We also routinely advise companies on a course of action to solve problems before they reach the level of litigation.
We pride ourselves on our ethical and professional conduct as well as our results. Our clients include publicly traded companies around the United States that trust us with the most complex legal matters. We regularly litigate against much bigger firms, and we are regularly engaged by major firms for our courtroom skills and industry insights.
Shaw Cowart LLP practices in state, federal and appellate courts in Central Texas, statewide and nationwide. Arrange a consultation with our Texas business defense attorneys by calling 512-499-8900, or contact us online.